Monday, October 12, 2009

So it has been a little depressing lately. I spent tons of time making little girl dresses to try to sell at a yard sale. In the end I had made eleven dresses in about four days. But we had no luck when we tried to sell them. Maybe people don't think 'hand-made' is something worth having, or is of a poor quality compared to store bought clothes. Or maybe they thought five dollars is to much to pay for some thing brand new at a yard sell. So anyway you could say I was a little disappointed. I really tried hard to help bring some needed income in but it was of no use and that's what upsets me most. You can't make a descent dollar doing something you love, oh no, I guess the only way I can make an income for our family is by watching others children. So I guess that's what will have to happen after the baby comes. I guesss what I've learned from this is that you can't expect good things all the time no matter how hard you work. Oh well such is life. So at least I can give the dresses away, which is what I normally do anyway, and to those who find no home, they will be shipped off to D.I. where anything goes.

Please no comments, this is me just ranting!

2 comments:

  1. Of course I'm going to comment silly girl! Send those dresses my way!!! Hellooooo...baby girl on the way in my neck of the woods!!! I'll pay full price. $5 a piece for one of a kind handmade dresses, thats a steal!! (And I know what a good seamstress you are!) Please don't just give them away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll buy some dresses. i got two little girls who need some winter dresses. you can also sell them on etsy.com or ebay.com. i've had good luck selling handmade items there.

    ReplyDelete